You have no items in your shopping cart.
need help? call us on 1300 944 030
The DGS-1008P 8-Port Gigabit PoE Unmanaged Desktop Switch enables both home and office users to easily connect and supply power to Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices such as wireless Access Points (APs); IP cameras; and IP phones while adding more Ethernet devices like computers; printers; and Network Attached Storage (NAS) onto a network. Built with home and small business users in mind; this compact PoE switch operates quietly; making it ideal for use in virtually any room or office.
Power over Ethernet
The DGS-1008P features 4 10/100/1000BASE-T ports that support the IEEE 802.3at PoE protocol. Each of the 4 PoE ports can supply up to 30 Watts; for a total PoE budget of 68 Watts; allowing users to attach an IEEE 802.3at-compliant device to the DGS-1008P without requiring additional power. PoE is especially suitable for devices that are far from power outlets or when you want to minimise the clutter of extra cables. When a device is not PoE-compatible; the D-Link DWL-P50 PoE Adapter can turn any regular Ethernet port into a PoE Ethernet port.
No configuration is required and installation is quick and easy. Support for Auto MDI/MDI-X on all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables when connecting to another switch or hub. Auto-Negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10; 100 or 1000) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance. The switch has been designed without fans so you can be sure of quiet operation wherever it is installed. The DGS-1008P also features diagnostic LEDs; which display status and activity; allowing you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network. With wire-speed filtering and store-and-forward switching; the DGS-1008P also maximises network performance while minimising the transmission of bad network packets. Combining the convenience of PoE; superior performance; and ease of use; the 8-Port Gigabit PoE Unmanaged Desktop Switch is the ideal choice for adding PoE devices to either a home or small business network.
The 8-Port Gigabit PoE Unmanaged Desktop Switch is a Plug-and-Play device that requires no configuration; so setup is simple and hassle-free. But we know that setting up your switch is only the beginning; you may want to connect multiple computers; share files; music; and video across your home or small office network; or even create a multi-player gaming environment. That’s why D-Link provides a support website to answer all of your questions and help you get the most out of your network. Find answers to frequently asked questions; download product updates; and easily access the friendly D-Link Customer Support Team.
Compact and Silent
The DGS-1008P has a compact design; so that you can place it in any easily accessible location and have it stay out of your way. The power connector and ports are all located at the rear of the switch allowing you to tuck the cables away conveniently. The DGS-1008P does not use a fan; so the switch operates silently but effectively; letting you watch movies streamed off the Internet without distraction; or browse the Web in peace.
- Eight 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Full/Half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet speeds
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Store-and-forward switching scheme
- RoHS compliant
- Plug-and-Play installation
- Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
- Ports located conveniently at the rear
- Noise-free operation
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- 16 Gbps switching fabric
Data Transfer Rates
- 10 Mbps (half duplex)
- 20 Mbps (full duplex)
- Fast Ethernet
- 100 Mbps (half duplex)
- 200 Mbps (full duplex)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2000 Mbps (full duplex)
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto MDI/MDI-X adjustment for all ports
- UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- UTP CAT 5/5e(100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP(100 m max.)
- Per unit: Power / PoE Max
- Per port: Activity / Link and Speed
- Per port: Power / Status
MAC Address Table
- 8K entries per device
Packet Filtering / Forwarding Rates
- Ethernet: 14;880 pps per port
- Fast Ethernet: 148;800 pps per port
- Gigabit Ethernet: 1;488;000 pps per port
- 256 KB per device
PoE Capable Ports
- 802.3af/802.3at PoE up to 30 Watts per port (ports 1-4 only)
PoE Power Budget
- 68 W
- 5.5” x 3.0” x 1.06” (190 mm x 120 mm x 38 mm)
- External 53.5 V / 1.5 A power adapter
- Operating: 0 to 40 ˚C (32 to 104 ˚F)
- Storage: -40 to 70 ˚C (-40 to 158 ˚F)
- Operating: 0% to 95% RH non-condensing
Why should you pick Data Depot for your D-Link requirements?
D-Link has been one of the most recognised brands in network solutions and accessories for many decades. They manufacture a huge range of networking products; including wireless dual band access points; media converters; extenders; routers; switches and more. Data Depot is honoured to supply customers with D-Link’s large range at the best possible prices.
Data Depot is one of Australia's leading online sellers of data products & accessories. Backed by the Sonepar Group; the leading B2B electrical wholesaler in the world; we have access to the biggest brands such as APC by Schneider Electric; Fluke Networks; Clipsal; Netscout; Panduit; D-Link; ConnectBlue and more - as well as the very best pricing & quick delivery Australia-wide.
Here are just a few reasons our customers keep coming back:
- - Free shipping on orders over $150 ($6.95 flat rate for orders under $150)
- - Secure payment methods (VISA; Mastercard & PayPal)
- - Stock fulfilment from 7 locations nationally
- - Helpful support base located in Melbourne; Australia (call 1300 944 030 to speak with us)
If you are looking for D-Link product that is not currently listed on our website; please get in contact with us for pricing and lead-times. We have direct partnerships with all suppliers and can source just about anything quickly and at a great price..
Get in touch with us today - 1300 944 030!"